Friday, November 25, 2011

Thankful for Griffey

Yesterday, we had a very lovely Thanksgiving day. I worked in the morning, which is always fun because we play the Macy's Thanksgiving parade in my movie room at work. Guests come and go, and we enjoy watching it ourselves. Griffey even got to stop by work for a little bit, which he always loves.
Around 2pm, I headed over to Sterling's parents beautiful home in Windermere. And Griffey was invited!! He got a bath, put on a nice bandana, and got the "don't poop in Mr and Mrs Brown's mansion" lecture. We were ready to go!

Mike and Rosetta have met Griffey in passing, but they haven't spent any real time with him, so I was excited for them to get to know the little ball of fun that is such a major part of their son's life.
For those of you who know Griffey, you know he is very sweet and loves attention, but he takes a while to warm up. He will approach you only if your back is turned to him. As soon as you turn around, he is back between his mama's legs. He is just happiest sitting on my lap, watching the world go round.
After he did his rounds of sniffing the entire house, he, to no surprise, jumped up on my lap and sat there. Across the room, Mr Brown was sitting in his chair and was quietly calling Griffey over to say hi to him. Griff would be interested, but last minute, run back to me. Eventually, the 2 of them ended up playing on the ground and becoming BFFs.
Griffey knew good smells were coming from the kitchen, so he kept going over to investigate. Mrs Brown was royally amused that he follows her around on his hind legs waiting for her to drop a big piece of turkey. She "accidently" dropped a lot of turkey. I kept hearing "you are just too cute!" coming from the kitchen.
We watched a lot of football, ate a lot of good food, Griffey did a lot of tricks and got a lot of attention. I feel very thankful to have a wonderful boyfriend with a wonderful family who invites me and my furry plus one into their home.
When we were leaving, and Mike was on the ground playing with Griffey again, Rosetta said "he just makes everyone so happy". I'm glad they understand my love for him. It warmed my heart.

He didn't even make it all the way home without passing out in a turkey coma...

He DOES make everyone happy. I am thankful for a well behaved, happy, fun, little companion.

No comments:

Post a Comment