Monday, August 8, 2011

Samantha, Adam and Washington DC

So after being scolded by my dear friend Terry, I realized that I am terribly slacking in the blogging department. I have been having tons of fun that I just haven't had time!

In June, Sterling and I went up to Washington DC for a weekend get away with my dear friend Samantha and her wonderful husband, Adam. Samantha and I were roommates our freshman year of college and have many wonderful memories together. We had WAY too much fun back then.
This is us from freshman year of college. 

Neither Sterling or myself had ever visited WA DC and we were soo lucky to have Sam and Adam as our Tour guides. Samantha works for the FBI and Adam is in the military, they were SOOO knowledgeable. Sterling would feel the need to put his "fun facts" in there as well.

Sam: So this is the Ford's Theater where Lincoln was shot.
Sterling: Yup, then they designed the model T here!

It made it rather entertaining. We walked all day seeing all the things you see when you visit WA DC. Monuments, federal buildings, White House, etc. At night, we explored the bar scene in their town Alexandria, VA and found an awesome band, had awesome beer, with wonderful friends.
 Mr. and Mrs. Pedersen
 It was family day at the FBI building so there were all sorts of festivities going on, including this guy.





Samantha and Adam are the best hosts ever. Her cooking is AMAZING and their home is beautiful. I can't wait for them to come here to return the favor!! (hint hint)

No comments:

Post a Comment